Last month, I journaled about My Journey To A Healthier Me, which included some May 2019 goals. I’m happy to say, for the most part, I accomplished all that I set out to do:
May 2019 Goals Recap:
- More Water – I have definitely been drinking at least 4 bottles of water a day and working towards cutting out juices/tea altogether.
- No Carbs/Sugar – I tried this for about 1-2 weeks and the struggle is real. As soon as pay day rolled around I bought all the bread, snacks and pasta I could. Sad, but true.
- Exercise – I have been doing great with this goal! My routine is to jog/walk at the track three times a week after work. I am enjoying how it makes me feel.
- Sleep – although, I am still pushing it with the midnight bedtime, I have at least found a more therapeutic method to falling asleep so I can alleviate my night terror activities. (I’m so sorry for kicking you, Mr.Right!) I definitely need to work on this goal more.
Now that June is underway, I’ve been able to see what’s working and what isn’t working for me, in order to fine tune my goals for this month. One thing I most certainly need to focus on, is my mental and emotional health. Mr. Right is such an inspiration to me. He honestly is the polar opposite of me and everything good that I lack. He encourages me to push harder and be my best self..that includes mentally and emotionally.
June 2019 Health Goals
- Diet Awareness – Although I am not on a dedicated diet, I want to be more aware of what I am eating and how much. Baby steps! I can still enjoy the things I like to eat, with out being a complete pig and overeating.
- Jogging vs. Walking – In May, I mastered walking a mile in 18-30min. Now, it’s time to step it up a notch with adding in jogging. I’ve decided to jog the straights of the track and walk the curves. It’s tough, but I feel great afterward.
- Mental + Emotional Care – Life is stressful and even more so for someone like me who is naturally anxious and worries. I desperately need to get back to the activities that gave me mental and emotional clarity and calm…meditation, tarot, and reading.
I’m most excited to get back to my spiritual practice, which in turn was the best decision I’d ever made for myself. I rediscovered tarot when I was at a low point in life and simply felt stuck. When I had done all I could do and prayed all that I could. Once I started letting go of the negative thoughts and speaking positively over my life, things changed. Like, in a really big way. It was the most amazing life transformation I have ever experienced. I need to get that magic back.
In doing so, I began browsing my wishlist of books on Amazon. I came across The Door to Witchcraft: A New Witch’s Guide to History, Traditions, and Modern-Day Spells by Tonya A. Brown:
This passage really spoke to me and I wanted to hear more of what the author had to say. She sounded genuine and not too high and mighty with her woo woo concepts. So, I can expect this in the mail soon. In the meantime, I must begin my meditation practices and hold space for myself, again. I have two brand new decks from my wishlist last year and I’ve barely touched them since the move. That’s about to change!
If you’re interested in seeing my tarot/oracle card collection, visit here.