I have tried a lot of eyeshadow this year, but there are some products in my makeup routine that are staples! Some of these products I have been using since freshman year of high school (and that wasn’t yesterday!) Here is my tried-and-true list of Beauty Staples! If you’re interested in seeing my favorite eyeshadow palettes of this year; that post will be coming soon!
For a time, I only used Clean & Clear facial washes, despite me not having acne. Lesson learned! These products carried some strong ingredients that my skin did not need…regardless of how much I enjoyed the tingling sensation in the mornings. I have paired down my skincare to simple, gentle and effective products recommended to me by my dermatologist years ago. The facial scrub I use only once a month; love that fresh apricot scent!
St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub
Cedaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cedaphil Gentle Skin Facial Cleanser
St. Ives OHMM…Face Mist (Relaxing Lavender)
If you didn’t know it already, I wear wigs 99.9% of the time and box braids the other 0.1% 😀 Regardless, I have a simple arsenal of products for my natural, afro textured hair. It stays full and moisturized while it is kept in braids! My braid sprays work both for dry scalp and maintaining the luster in my wigs. *Note* Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream was on this list, but I recently learned their ingredients changed to add alcohol. Yikes! This may be why I have been experiencing a change in my hair’s growth and overall nature. Back to the drawing board for that one.
Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil
ORS Olive Oil Edge Control Hair Gel
Jamaican Mango & Lime No More Itch Spray
African Royale BRX Braid & Extension Sheen Spray
It is no surprise this is one of my longest lists in the bunch! From face primers to highlighters, these products I use in virtually every single makeup look. (I use eyeshadow colors from my Juvia’s Place palette to fill in my brows or as blush; double the usage from those products!)
E.L.F. Poreless Putty Primer
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer
L’Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation (N7 Classic Tan)
L’Oreal True Match Pressed Powder (W6 Sun Beige)
Black Radiance Soft Focus Finishing Powder (Milk Chocolate)
Milani Eyebrow Pomade (08 Dark Chocolate)
Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator (Level 09)
Juvia’s Place The Duce Palette (Crepes)
Juvia’s Place The Warrior Palette (Mino)
Black Radiance 3D Highlighter palette
Wet N’ Wild MegaGlow Hello Halo Liquid Highlighter
Wet N’ Wild MegaGlow Loose Highlighter (Hustle & Glow)
Here is my list of holy grail products for the eyes; there is more to it just than eyeshadow, people. Prepping the eyes for a bright and bold look is essential, as well as those finishing touches at the end.
Ardell DUO Lash Adhesive (Clear)
NYX Eyeshadow Base (Skintone)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Primer
E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner (Black)
Rimmel London Scandaleyes Gel Pencil (Black)
Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara (Blackest Black)
Aside from wearing liquid lipsticks and glosses, theres not much else I use for my lips. I will be on the hunt for good lip moisturizers in 2020, but for now I have come to love this lip scrub treatment.