Clearly I am playing catch up on reviewing my eyeshadow purchases! But we are still in luck, because the exclusive New Romance palette from BeautyBay is still up for grabs. This palette retails for $15 USD, but you can often snag discount codes from the website to save some cash. The New Romance palette debuted around February 2021 with the Season of Love and Valentine’s Day in mind. Nevertheless, this is a great palette than can be used for sexy, sultry looks all year ’round!
I’ve quickly become a fan of this brand located in Great Britain. It offers quality products for a great price, with cute and sturdy packaging to boot. If you’re familiar with their other 20-pan palettes, like the Book of Magic, this one is in the same vein of quality (and beauty!). The color story is similar to that of the Huda Beauty Rosegold Remastered palette and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam palette. However, it’s alot more affordable and the same (if not better) eyeshadow quality.
Packaging is what you can expect from Beauty Bay. A simple, thinly designed and compact casing with a full-sized mirror for easy application. The unit carton also comes with an added layer of protection with bubble wrap. I always keep my unit cartons with the bubble wrap for times where I want to travel with this palette. I’ve never had an issue with broken palettes arriving to me from Beauty Bay!
The color story, I must say, isn’t anything we haven’t seen before, but I am all for affordable options. I’ve owned both the ABH Soft Glam and the Huda Beauty Rosegold Remastered. It’s nice to have a more reasonably priced option when I hit pan on my favorite shades. I also like how the palette has every day color tones mixed in amongst the berry shades too, for even more wearability.
- Vanilla – beige matte shade
- Birthday – light coral matte shade
- Oyster – champagne metallic shade
- Flamingo – medium coral matte shade
- Lingerie – caramel brown matte shade
- Milkshake – bright coral pink shade
- Chintz – silvery lavender metallic shade
- Claret – deep berry red matte shade
- Queen – metallic dark berry shade
- Smoothie – dark coral matte shade
- Penny – metallic copper shade
- Embers – burnt orange matte shade
- Raspberry – bright metallic coral shade
- Mars – milk chocolate matte brown shade
- Royal – metallic purple shade
- Muffin – terra-cotta orange/brown shade
- Khaki – old gold metallic shade
- Saddle – dark brown matte shade
- Valentine – metallic wine shade
- Ink – matte black shade
Colors Used: Smoothie, Mars, Saddle, Royal, and Raspberry
Colors Used: Muffin, Smoothie, Milkshake, Queen and Chintz
Colors Used: Claret, Mars, Oyster, Lingerie, Penny
I really enjoyed this palette and the variety of looks I could get with it. If you have the chance of grabbing this Beauty Bay exclusive, I’d highly recommend it! The colors are warm toned and versatile so I find that it would be a good option for any skin tone.
Leave a Reply